Topic

Klymit LiteWater Dinghy (End of Life?)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Packrafting Klymit LiteWater Dinghy (End of Life?)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    John “Jay” Menna
    BPL Member

@jaymenna78734

Locale: 30.3668397,-97.7399123

It looks like Kylmit might be dumping all of these dinghies.

They’re on sale now on their website for $65.   At that price, you’re almost into pool toy range!

https://klymit.com/products/litewater-dinghy

MJ H
    BPL Member

@mjh

Thanks, that seems interesting. But the topic name made me think of a very poor Viking-style funeral.

Brad W
    BPL Member

@rocko99

Dang, for $60 I may have to give it a go. Seems prefect for alpine lakes.

Jeff McWilliams
    BPL Member

@jjmcwill

Locale: Midwest

I couldn’t resist and ordered one. At that price it’s a no brainer.

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

I’ve used mine as a “lightering craft” when mooring a power boat offshore (after nosing up to shore to toss the gear and most people off).  It’s very compact and in that setting you can bring an electric pump powered off 12 volts to inflate it.

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

They’ve also got several sizes of 0F and 20F sleeping bags marked down to $32-39. Not UL, but lightweight at 2.5 to 3.5 pounds.

John “Jay” Menna
    BPL Member

@jaymenna78734

Alpine lakes is what I had in mind too.    Now to find a paddle thats cheap, and fits the  bill.

Suggestions?

Brad W
    BPL Member

@rocko99

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Jay: Back in my wooden kayak building days, I made some very light and very cheap paddles starting with a 1 x 2 from Home Depot and the same 1/8″ 3-ply “door skins” I built the boats from, plus some epoxy to join them and varnish to coat them.  For ultimate low cost and lower than commercial paddle weight, I’d again start with a knot-free 1 x 2, jigsaw a curve for each blade, round the edges, and affix corrugated plastic sign material (“Lose 30 pounds in 30 days!” or from your least favorite political candidate) for the blades themselves.  About $3 of parts.

I prefer a more “Aleut” style of paddle with longer narrower blades for flat water.  They have plenty of propulsion once under way, although not as much initial thrust (which is important for white-water kayaks)

John “Jay” Menna
    BPL Member

@jaymenna78734

Thanks Dave.     I have too many DYI projects, or should I say all the parts of too many DIY projects in the garage.  But he idea of sticking the head of both US president candidates under water at a very regular basis is appealing.

Brad W
    BPL Member

@rocko99

Well I got the Klymit Dinghy. Man to I need a pump for this. The pump sack takes forever and don’t even try to blow it up-the port it too big and unless you like passing out, just don’t do it ;).

Brad W
    BPL Member

@rocko99

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!