Topic

Fall Colors in Southeast/November

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Fall Colors in Southeast/November

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

I have some time off between things at work from November 8th to November 20. My wife and I will be going to Virginia to see family for part of that time.

Is there a place in the Carolinas that would still have fall colors and an overnight hiking trail roughly November 8-10? My memory is that leaves peak in Virginia in late October. I was hoping a bit farther south we might have some color to enjoy.

Alex H
    BPL Member

@abhitt

Locale: southern appalachians or desert SW

They will be done by then in the Carolinas too.  Things seem to be turning earlier than normal this year as well.

Thom
    BPL Member

@popcornman

Locale: N NY

Yes early N NY to .

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Bummer Alex. I was thinking Uwharrie Nation Forest (less driving) or the Foothills Trail. But if colors are out we might as well pick a section of the AT in Virginia.

Alex H
    BPL Member

@abhitt

Locale: southern appalachians or desert SW

Luke, there will be some left down in the Uwharrie but not a lot as that is pretty low.  We live an hour from there at the same elevation.

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Thanks Alex. After the storm we’ll have to see what is even accessible in NC. Flying into RDU and visiting friends in the Cameron area first.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!