Topic

Ex Officio Give N Go Boxer Briefs vs. Give N Go Sport

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Ex Officio Give N Go Boxer Briefs vs. Give N Go Sport

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

My trusty Give N Go boxer briefs are failing in the elastic after several years use and I am in the market for replacements. Has anyone tried both the Give N Go and the Give N Go Sport that can compare?

• Any other suggestions?  I have tried Patagonia and Smartwool in the past and neither worked as well as the Ex Officio
    Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Here is Will Reitveld’s recent blog post

.Men’s Performance Underwear for Hiking and Backpacking .

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

I have worn nothing but Give N Go boxer briefs for the past 4 years…in the office or on the trail…they are all I own.  Last year I bought 3 pair of the new 9″ Sport Mesh on a whim and on sale.  I really like the longer legs, but the material is decidedly a step down.  Not only do I not like the feel of the fabric as much, but it started to pill between the thighs almost immediately.  Over the past year, the pilling has increased slightly, but you can’t really feel it so I guess it is mostly a cosmetic issue.

To answer your specific question, I will not purchase the Sport Mesh again and will stick with the old school Give N Go.

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Locale: PNW

I greatly prefer the sport version.

• 9 inch inseam is a must for me, shorter ones ride up
    • wasitband is much for comfortable and softer
    • while the material does pile really quickly I don’t notice it in use. Feels thinner and more breathable than the standard version. It’s the first two points that makes the difference for me; material isn’t different enough for it to factor in.
    Yoyo
    Spectator

@dgposton

Locale: NYC metro

Go with the Give N Go Briefs (not boxers).  Save weight!  :) This is the only underwear I own.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

DULUTH TRADING for excellent synthetic briefs and boxers at much lower prices than EX OFFICIO.

And for polyester and nylon pants or shorts for work and hiking that are very well designed and of great quality.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I like the Terramar boxer briefs always on sale at Sierra Trading Post. Slightly thicker fabric than Ex Officio, but seem to manage moisture (sweat or otherwise) as well or better. More comfortable when *um* damp, too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!