Topic

anyone interested in doing the Sierra High Route this summer?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips anyone interested in doing the Sierra High Route this summer?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bud
    BPL Member

@vbud

My initial plan was to spend some time on the PCT this summer (which I have), but I’m thinking of pivoting some of the time to an alternate trip. I am thinking the Sierra High Route fits the bill, or at least a portion of it. I’d love to have a hiking partner instead of going solo since it involves a good amount of off-trail travel.

So I thought I’d see if I could find a hiking partner on BPL, even though it’s fairly last minute to plan such a trip. Timing is somewhat flexible, I could go most weeks in July or August.

Tyler R
    BPL Member

@trex

I think I might be interested. How big of a section and what kind of daily mileage are you looking at doing?

Bud
    BPL Member

@vbud

I’d like to do at least 100 miles of it if I don’t do the whole thing. My on-trail mileage is typically between 15 and 20 per day, so not sure how that would work out with off-trail travel, I assume it could slow to as little at 10 per day? The section from Darwin Bench to Tuolomne Meadows is particularly interesting to me, and that’s about 100 miles.

Tyler R
    BPL Member

@trex

That sounds awesome, that sounds like the perfect alpine pase for me and it seems to be a spectacular section. I am very much interested!

However, I injured my leg a little bit on my last outing so I’ll go do a little multi day trip this week in the Sierras and see how its healed and what kind of off trail miles I can manage before I return and let you know if I can commit to the trip or not.

Bud
    BPL Member

@vbud

Sounds good, let me know!

Tyler R
    BPL Member

@trex

Hey Valjean! I’m in if your still looking for a partner! I might only do the first half with you though and exit Mammoth depending on what work needs from me during that time period.

Bud
    BPL Member

@vbud

Hi Tyler, sorry for the delayed reply! I’m looking at doing the trail from August 2-12. Totally fine if you want to join for a section. Lmk if the dates work for you and we can exchange contact info.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!