Topic

Review of Fixing Your Feet: Prevention and Treatments for Athletes by John Vonhof

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Review of Fixing Your Feet: Prevention and Treatments for Athletes by John Vonhof

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie Jordan
    Spectator

@maia

Locale: Rocky Mountains
    Walter Carrington
    BPL Member

@snowleopard

Locale: Mass.

The book is great and an ebook is available on kindle (there's free kindle readers for PCs, smart phones and tablets as well as kindles). It'd be worth putting it on your phone for any long hike.

His website has a lot of the info in the book and is worth looking at:
    http://www.fixingyourfeet.com/

peter vacco

@fluffinreach-com

Locale: no. california

based upon my reading only the 1st edition of his book, and now this review, i suspect that Vonhof may (no disrespect intended) be overly invested in his theory of random variability of foot failure.

i based this on my own suffering and experience concerning the impressive rate at which foot fungus can propagate. i would propose that a solid percentage of seemingly random skin failures under athletic duress are due not to unknown causes, but to fungus growth at unexpected rates.

the enemy of reliable production quality is (excluding management and the government) dysfunctional variability. so any time we (as producers) can reign in a variable or two, that's generally a good thing. considering fungus, i think the author gives insufficient weight to how bewilderingly fast that stuff can multiply given ideal conditions.

other that that one tiny little thing, Buy the Book !

v.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!