Topic

Big Agnes Encampment

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Big Agnes Encampment

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Scott Jones

@ultimate2

I purchased this sleeping bag because of its obvious comfort and also due to the fact that for a bag so large sized, it is fairly light weight. Combined with the Big Agnes insulated air core mattress, it is absolutely the most comfortable bag I have.

It is the bag I will take on my canyoneering trip due to the synthetic insulation Polarguard 3-D. I wish they made a Primaloft version of this, but I don't think it will happen. I just wish they would use the type of nylon that Montbell uses or the kind that Western Mountaineering uses. The nylon on the Encampment is rather plain and does not feel overly soft. It is kind of the ugly duckling in my group of sleeping bags that I own, but it is the most comfortable. There is no way you can roll off the pad and it is non claustrophobic. My only other minor complaint is the temperature rating is a tad optimistic.

I highly recommend this bag for any three season situation or even four season in warmer climates.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!