Topic

StickPic

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) StickPic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rick Reno
    BPL Member

@scubahhh

Locale: White Mountains, mostly.

Just a quick note about the StickPic I got in the mail this morning:

In case you don’t know, it’s a little piece of PVC that screws onto the tripod socket on your camera and then slides over your trekking pole tip, so you can take pictures or videos of yourself. $16.06 delivered.

I ordered on-line Sunday night; it shipped from San Francisco on Monday and arrived today. Go figure: a cottage company that can keep up with Amazon!

There’s not much to it; just the little piece of PVC with the hole drilled in it, and a plastic toggle to secure it up against the bottom of the camera. Different trekking poles have differently sized tips, so there are a few different sizes StickPic; they explain which sizes fit which poles on their web site, thestickpic.com

It takes about three seconds to attach the StickPic to the camera and another three to attach it to the pole, and away you go! Wicked cool and wicked light… go for it!

J R
    Spectator

@jringeorgia

I have one and like it a lot. Particularly for a solo trip, much better "selfies" than extending your arm. Used it when shooting my avatar. Weighs 0.4 oz.

I keep mine on a tiny biner hooked onto the zipper pull of the hip belt pocket where I keep my camera.

The small black tightening ring can come loose and get lost so tighten it down good not just when using on your camera but when storing as well. I lost mine, they sell a replacement for a few bucks.

Matt Weaver
    Spectator

@norcalweaver

Locale: PacNW

"There’s not much to it; just the little piece of PVC with the hole drilled in it, and a plastic toggle to secure it up against the bottom of the camera"

The StickPics I own are all made of delrin bodies, with CNCed aluminum camera nuts. I wouldn't normally nitpick about a point like this, but the actual materials used for the product justifies the cost they charge a lot better then "PVC and plastic" :)

Since phones cameras have been coming such a long way I find myself leaving the camera at home these days in lieu of just taking the phone. Really wish there was a StickPic type of attachment for that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!