Topic

My first DIY tent!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear My first DIY tent!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rich y
    Spectator

@gkine

Locale: NorCal

first time really sewing. learned tons of things.

single wall, silnylon. no zippers. instead it has 2 mesh screens in the front. i'm going to make a tyvek groundsheet for it. uhh yeah. just under 17oz.

K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Locale: South West

Great job, that style of tent was the first thing I made. I have gone on to make many things. Congrats!

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Purely as a helpful suggestion: you might want to add some ridge-level vents at both ends. Without some ventilation you might get a lot of condensation – and some CO as well.

A guy-out point in the middle of each side could also add a lot of stability in wind.

Cheers

rich y
    Spectator

@gkine

Locale: NorCal

the front and back roll up and there's mesh in the back. hopefully that'll be enough. i thought about adding those side guyouts, but i got real tired of sewing this days in a row haha. maybe some other time.

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

Looks Great!
    I agree with Roger, the side tie-outs are nice to have…about 2/3-5/8 of the way up.

A small "found" stick can be placed on the bottom forcing the line to pull out, then down over the stick. It adds a fair bit of usable sleeping space inside. Though it does pull the roof down.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!