Topic

Aquaclip water bottle clip/holder

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Aquaclip water bottle clip/holder

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

Locale: Pacific Northwest

After seeing Chad's post on his blog ( http://sticksblog.com/2013/11/23/aqua-clip-water-bottle-holder/ ), I went and ordered a couple. Brian, the owner/creator of Aquaclips was super friendly and got my order out quickly. These are made in the US, which is nice. They're only $3 shipped, so costs next to nothing to try out.

http://www.aquaclip.com/

*** My scale has them at 0.4oz each (~11g each) ***

aclip

Anyways, I normally just keep my bottle in my side pouch of my Golite Jam 50, and reach back, but sometimes it's a hassle, and I had thought about making a holder to clip onto my shoulder strap… but then I saw Chad's article and decided to try it out for myself.

I really like it. It's very simple to use, just snap it onto a bottle, like Smart Water bottles, and you're all set. The fit is very snug and secure, it wont come off the bottle unless you actually pop it off yourself. They come in a whole bunch of colors, opaque and transparent.

aqua(That's baby me in the background)aqua2

I haven't used it out in the field yet, but walking around home, it was comfortable and it didn't bother/annoy me that the bottom of the bottle wasn't secure. After hooking it to my strap, it stayed put. I'll update once I use it outside when I get a chance to get out after the holiday craziness.

aquaonpack

scree ride

@scree

Excellent. I was given a prototype about ten years ago and i loved it. Somehow it changed hands and I haven't seen them since.

Matt Weaver
    Spectator

@norcalweaver

Locale: PacNW

I've been using these for a bit on a 1l bottle with a sawyer mini on top, attached to a padded hip belt loop more towards the back of my zpacks bag. It's nice for a quick grab, and doesn't sway around and hit me annoyingly in that location. If I'm not drinking regularly I just reach back a bit farther and stuff the bottle in the side pouch. Tried it out for a short stint on the shoulder strap, too bulky there I found, especially with the filter on top. Cool little deal though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!