Topic

Dehydrated vegetables, milk, eggs, baking mixes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Dehydrated vegetables, milk, eggs, baking mixes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nick Beauregard

@nickbeauregard

I'm curious where folks purchase/procure dehydrated goods in bulk. I like to cook from scratch (or at least no made-ready meals) in the backcountry, but I have a hard time finding a good assortment of dehydrated vegetables, reliable powdered milk and eggs, and other baking/cooking mixes.

Some grocery stores occasional sell bulk "soup mixes" and sundried tomatoes, but I have a hard time finding a reliable source of quality food. Also, I'd love to find powdered whole milk.

And I'm also curious if folks here do much deydrating at home? Any tips are appreciated.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

If you have much trouble finding dehydrated food, you aren't looking in the right places.

First of all, Nido is a dehydrated whole milk powder sold at Wally World and other places. I buy dehydrated non-fat milk powder at any grocery store. Additionally, there is Milkman brand milk powder, and it is just a bit of butterfat with mostly non-fat powder. I also get some nutritional supplement beverage that is mostly powdered milk with some extras.

Eggs. I used to purchase whole egg powder at several stores including REI. Now I purchase egg white powder and my ordinary grocery store, brand name Deb El Just Whites.

I operate my food dehydrator during the winter months, and that is busy doing fruit and vegetables.

–B.G.—

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

http://www.harmonyhousefoods.com/ (veggies, fruits, beans)
    http://www.frontiercoop.com/products/foods.php (They are the ones you see in bulk bins in stores. Their sun dried tomatoes and carrots are high end. They also carry butter powder and other hard to find dry items)

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Bulk freeze dried and dehydrated fruits ,vegetables,dairy ect.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!