Topic

1″ buckles for Osprey pack?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear 1″ buckles for Osprey pack?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeff McWilliams
    BPL Member

@jjmcwill

Locale: Midwest

Among the packs in my collection is an Osprey Argon 110 mountaineering pack.

I was interested in making a few additional cinch straps for this pack, which has the female ends of 1" webbing buckles sewn onto the sides of the pack.

Unfortunately, the 1" nylon webbing buckles that Osprey uses on this pack don't seem to be compatible with off-the-shelf buckles I've purchased at REI. They almost fit, but not quite.

Osprey 1" pack buckle

You can see a photo of one of the mail ends of their buckle here.

Does anyone know where I might be able to obtain a few male and female buckles that mate with what's on the Osprey pack, and can be sewn onto nylon webbing?

Thanks,

Jeff

Bruce Tolley
    BPL Member

@btolley

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Try calling Osprey customer support. When I broke some buckles on my circa 2005 Osprey pack, they shipped replacements for free.
    Very impressive.

Jon Holthaus
    BPL Member

@t25hatch

I too broke one of their buckles and called Ospreys' Customer support. I told them what pack, the buckle, and they said no problem we'll mail you one for free. I too was very impressed, as for all "heavy" packs I own, they are now all ospreys for that reason.

Best part was, it was shipped to my house in six (6) days!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!