Topic

Map for Three Sisters Loop

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Map for Three Sisters Loop

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mike Bozman
    Spectator

@myarmisonfire

Locale: BC

I am going to be hiking the Three Sisters Loop in Oregon in September and I am having a hard time finding a map of the trails in the area. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to find a map?

Jamie Shortt
    BPL Member

@jshortt

Locale: North Carolina

Mike, Here is the loop from my GPS with a few small side trips.

3 Sisters Loop

I joined trails.com to get the guide for the area and printed off the simple line map (not topo) that was part of the write up. That was the only map I took. The trails were extremely easy to follow.

Jamie

Jeff J

@j-j-81

Locale: Oregon

You want this map:

http://www.amazon.com/Three-Sisters-Wilderness-Area-Map/dp/078341384X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1342907551&sr=8-2&keywords=three+sisters+wilderness

Sadly, not on tear and water resistant paper, nor very colorful, but it's the best of that wilderness. I don't own it, but I've looked at it and will get it whenever I get around to doing exactly the same loop. Any Oregon REI and probably most sporting goods stores in general will stock it, though I realize you probably want it before you come down from BC.

Also, for general hiking info in Oregon, try portlandhikers.org. A bit Gorge-centric, but there are other trips that get discussed and reported.

Hope this helps you.

-Jeff

Tommy Franzen
    Spectator

@tomlike

Locale: Pacific Wonderland

You want this map:

http://www.adventuremaps.net/product/product.php?pid=42

They make great maps, tear/water resistant, colorful, etc. REI has them too:

http://www.rei.com/product/843055/adventure-maps-central-oregon-hiking-trail-map

Lance M
    BPL Member

@lancem

Locale: Oregon

+1 to this one

3 Sisters Map

It has 1:27000 scale with 40' contours on one side and 1:83000 with 80' contours on the other side. It also has milages between trail intersections.

Mike Bozman
    Spectator

@myarmisonfire

Thanks a ton to everyone for the quick replies! I will check out the links.

Mike Bozman
    Spectator

@myarmisonfire

I ordered the Adventure Maps Central Oregon Hiking Trail Map. I recognized the map from the screen shot on the REI website. I have maps from them covering the biking trails around Bend and Hood River.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!