Topic

Outdoor Research Ion Pullover

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Outdoor Research Ion Pullover

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Aulwes

@eispickel

This is my first light weight wind shell, so I can't compare it to anything.
    – breaths fairly well.
    – repels light rain.
    – Folds into napoleon pocket, I can also fit my liberty ridge pants into the pocket.
    – Adjustable hood.

Art Sandt

@artsandt

I was using a Montane Aero for a while but picked up the OR Ion when I realized how much warmth a windproof hood can add to a layering system. The fit and function is comparable to the Aero, but the material OR uses is perhaps a bit thicker and slightly less breathable, although that means that it's also a tad more windproof. The hood has good adjustments and even has a stiffened, crushable bill. These combination of features lead to my one complaint that, when the hood is cinched tight, the bill of the hood gets in the way of my vision. Otherwise, highly recommended.

Michael Bachman

@rivrfox

Locale: Western Slope, Colorado

4.5 stars. Purchased on sale and has come in handy when a rain jacket isn't needed.

I'm 5'7" 145ish. Medium fits well over layers yet is a bit short in the sleeve area. Care needs to be taken when worn as it is a light wind shell & material is very thin.

Hood works well with temple pull…sometimes I flip the brim into the hood so it doesn't block my view when synched tight.

Weighs under 4 oz. Packs into the chest pocket.

Like the orange color for fall hiking/visibility too. Believe this isn't available anymore.

Current recommendations: Camp USA has one for adventure racing/ski mountaineering that you can put on over your backpack as it has no back. Also a normal wind parka as well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools