Topic

AMK Escape Bivy breathable

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) AMK Escape Bivy breathable

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    David Miles
    Spectator

@davidmiles

Locale: Eastern Sierra

The Escape bivy uses a fabric similar to my top fabric and is not noisy like Tyvek HomeWrap.
    It is also not as durable as HomeWrap which could be a problem on the bottom.
    I think the fabric is an upgrade to the Thermolite bivy, which I have spent several nights in.
    I just think the cut is too small to make use of any reflective properties or trapped air space.
    I easily packed it smaller than originally packaged.

SPIRIDON Papapetroy
    BPL Member

@spotlight

Do you think it can be used as an alternative to a summer sleeping bag? Did you felt any condensation?

David Miles
    Spectator

@davidmiles

Locale: Eastern Sierra

I only tried it in the house since it is too small for me to actually use in the wild. It felt reasonably breathable. Note that reflective properties are useless if it is so tight that you are pressed against the material. If you are below 5'9" and 190 lbs I would guess it be used as a sleeping bag down to 50 degrees F.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!