Topic

New Test Product – Camp Shoes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals New Test Product – Camp Shoes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Locale: Georgia

Huaraches-style camp shoes – 0.7oz in my size XL.

They use 1/2" closed-cell foam, and elastic shockcord straps.

They come pretied, but you may have to adjust them depending on your specific foot size.

$18 per pair shipped.

Will not ship for a little while, though, as I have quite a few orders in the queue already.

If interested, you can send payment to [email protected]

Camp Shoes

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

You might want to mention whether the weight is per-sandal, or per-pair.

–B.G.–

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Weight is for the pair.

Greg Yurkovich

@chubbs4u

UL isnt always the best way to go.

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

I believe that UL is the best way to go, and UL camp shoes are no exception. I personally do not use camp shoes, but figure other people might, and these could be a good candidate for summer trips where they want a little protection from the ground without being confined to their trail runners they hiked in all day.

I'd like a few people to test out a pair for me, so the first three people who send me a message (not a PM) to [email protected] will get a test pair for free. I'd like feedback on sizing, durability, ease of use, etc.

EDIT: All three pairs have been spoken for!

Keith F

@hamerica

Locale: Northern Virginia

Hey Ben,
    Why not try some light grosgrain ribbon criss crossed like the original flojos sandals:flojos

I can't imagine this would add much weight and might be a little more comfortable and easier to slip on.
    Just a thought…
    -Keith

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Keith,

That is a good idea, but would involve a little more time (and thus cost) since I would have to sew the grosgrain to attach it.

If you would like me to try a pair like that for you, send me a message, and we can work out the details.

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Also, from the picture, it looks like the front part of the straps could dig in to the sides of your feet. Obviously, I could make sure the grosgrain was turned so that wouldn't happen on mine…

Keith F

@hamerica

Locale: Northern Virginia

I was thinking you cold just wrap it around the bottom and knot it on top but I had not really thought that through.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!