Topic

Lightest fleece top?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Lightest fleece top?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW

Can you recommend an R1 knockoff-the cheaper the better. I want it for function. Just wore out an old fleece after 6 years .

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442627307&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302888491

this is the one i use except mine is hoodless… i jam in it, chimney in it, sleep in it, cuddle up to bears in it … $62

you may have issues getting it if you arent in the land of the maple syrup though …

also try first ascent EB knockoffs when theres a 30% off sale

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Check out Melanzana

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW

Thanks Much. Will check both leads out. MEC, well turnabout is fair play.

Inaki Diaz de Etura
    BPL Member

@inaki-1

Locale: Iberia highlands

A thin fleece top is super useful: fleece is great insulation while active and a simple top is not heavy: in 100 wt polartec or similarly thin fleece, pullover style and with no frills, it should weight around 6 oz in a medium, very similar to a long sleeve base layer. It can be used over the base layer or as a base layer (eliminating the need for a spare one). Over a base layer and under a windshirt, it's a killer combo for moving in cold/windy conditions.
    I use a Haglofs Solo Top from a few years back and which doesn't probably exist anymore but there should be many similar products.

Tim Fleming

@timdeb1098

Locale: Colorado

I just contacted Land's End and they said their thermacheck 100 fleece is 8 oz (men's medium). Jennifer's must be a pretty small size if it's the same thing (also surprised to think you could actually buy Land's end at Sears, thought they were only mail order like LL Bean…?). I'll bet the Land's End item is polartec fleece. Sounds very similar to North face's TKA 100 polartec fleece at 7.5 oz.

Scott Simcox
    Spectator

@simco

Locale: Nashville

My Land's End Thermacheck 100 Size Small is 7.5oz.

William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

Locale: Albuquerque

cabelas has some good fleece tops the e.c.w.c.s tops are nice they have the hoody in the bargain cave for 60$

Ty Ty
    Spectator

@tylerd

Locale: SE US

I just bought a pullover/1/4 zipper fleece at WalMart, 14oz for XXL, $10.

Tom Ferry
    BPL Member

@thecook

I've got several 100 weight 1/4 zip fleece tops from Target. Weighs 7 oz in size medium, dries fast, and really warm. Great to wear under a wind shell in cold temps.

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

On this forum, I'd probably go with 5.6 oz Montbell Chameece fleece vest if I had to buy the lightest fleece all over again. I hear everyone on warmth to weight ratio of a thermawrap or Nanopuff being better, but while hiking in a cold rain in the southern Rockies, I still need my fuzzy bunny stuff under the shell.

Brian Latta

@skillet0

Locale: SW Michigan

Marmot makes a very light Polartec Power Dry base layer. My 1/4 zip in size small is only 5.3oz.

Viewing 12 posts - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!