Topic

Croc Knockoffs?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Croc Knockoffs?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Mark Ryan

@sixguns01

Locale: Somewhere. Probably lost.

Where can i find a pair of knockoff Crocs? Walmart, Target, and Payless don't have them yet. Guess still to cold in the NE for them. How much less do they weigh? I wear a size 11 and the real Crocs weigh 14oz. Is it really worth getting the knockoffs when it comes to weight?

Thanks

Diana Vann
    BPL Member

@dianav

Locale: Wandering

Waldies Aruba shoes are somewhat like Crocs, but they're much lighter weight. Mine (size 7) weigh about 3.2 oz. Great for wearing in camp.

http://www.waldies.net/Waldies_Aruba_p/84509100.htm

Aaron W
    BPL Member

@adw245

Locale: Chula Vista

Check Walgreens and CVS.

They are seasonal you may have to wait for the spring stock rolls out.

My “Doggers” brand from CVS came in at 8 ½ per pair it they cost me $6.99 of the discount rack.

martin cooperman
    Spectator

@martyc

Locale: Industrial Midwest

Diana,
    Is that 3.2 oz weight for one shoe or two?
    Thanks,
    Marty Cooperman

Logan Spader

@___o2

Locale: .

My camp shoes were bought at a dollar store for, um, one dollar. The material is very similar to Crocs but noticeably less dense and they lack a heal cup which saves even more weight. I have been using the same pair for 3 years and they are still going strong.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

The last Daiso store I visited had a resin "slipper" that seemed very light, but they only go to size 42– a little short of my US 11 needs, so I didn't buy to test them.

Robert Carver
    BPL Member

@rcarver

Locale: Southeast TN

I bought a pair of and1 slides at target for $10. They weigh 8.5oz for a pair of size 11.

Diana Vann
    BPL Member

@dianav

Locale: Wandering

Marty wrote: Is that 3.2 oz weight for one shoe or two?

Sorry, Marty. Good catch. It's 3.2 oz for one shoe. I just weighed my pair of Waldies to be sure. The 2 of them weigh 6.4 oz. total.

What I like most about them (in addition to how light they are) is that they fit my feet better than Crocs do.

Mark Ryan

@sixguns01

Locale: Somewhere. Probably lost.

Does anyone know how much the Doggers UltraLite Clogs or Cloggens Cero Mesh brand of Crocs weigh?
    Weight and Size?

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Waldies Aruba shoes are somewhat like Crocs, but they're much lighter weight. Mine (size 7) weigh about 3.2 oz. Great for wearing in camp.

http://www.waldies.net/Waldies_Aruba_p/84509100.htm

I just hiked with a friend that had the Waldies Aruba. I really liked that they are much lighter than Crocs and are more open. Unfortunately the Waldies website is horrendous. I can't even find if they have my size. It's like their competition hacked into their server and screwed things up so that they would lose customers. I think calling to place an order is the only way to go.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Fortunately Waldies seems to still be in business since I just got an email. Hopefully I'll be able to place an order soon.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Yes, I got a pair of Aruba's on the way. Hopefully I get to use it soon. So if any of you guys are thinking about ordering these and don't see your size, you should email them.

Jeremy Rathfon
    BPL Member

@jrathfon

Just got a pair of Airwalk Men's "Convert Clog" for $22 (retail). Size 11, I'm typically a 10, the run small. Weight in at 6 oz. EACH. Look pretty sturdy, feel by hand lighter than Crocs, there is a Croc store in the same mall.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!