Topic

Backcountry Gear – NO Returns on ‘Used’ Gear

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Backcountry Gear – NO Returns on ‘Used’ Gear

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Nathaniel,
    "I do consider all of this testing to be abuse of shops personally."

I agree. In the 6th post of this thread I state:
    "Their "issue" has probably been abuse. (My guess.) "

However-
    "If it is broke, send it back."

The Ether Elite is advertised as an R-2 to R-4 matt. I found that to be quite an exaggeration.

But, as noted, Backcountry Gear makes no exceptions to their "No Returns" policy, broke, exaggerated, or not.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I didn't see any R-Value specs at all on backcountrygear.com's site. They have Usage: Sleeping on there.

POE's site does show a 2-4 value which had been reported on this site already as meaningless. POE has another pad with a 3.5-8 R value. (Peak Oyl)

You are comparing a R value of 1.0 advertised pad to one that is a 2 (but 4 in a spot). I would be guessing that anything advertised as a 1 by Big Agnes means 'this keeps you off the ground' and 'our other products do have insulation'?

I never paid attention to R-values until I joined this site, and I don't own any insulated pads. It makes sense to me that the ground can suck heat off of you if it is frozen, but this still seems like splitting hairs. Unless your porch is frozen ground, and you had a secondary pad, I don't know how/why you would be judging insulation values on a 1 or 2 pad.

Frank Steele

@knarfster

Locale: Arizona

"If it has been used outdoors, it cannot be returned."

The porch is outdoors?

What a bunch of idiots.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!