Topic

Arroyo Seco, 5/1, 5/2

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Arroyo Seco, 5/1, 5/2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

I am thinking about a 15.3 mile loop from Arroyo Seco Station, to Tassayara Hot Springs, via Horse pasture trail, returning via the Tony trail. Lots of swimming holes in the gorges. Could pay for day use of Tassajara facilities or just hike through and head for the swimming holes. Lots of Poison oak on the overgrown trail.
    So far it's me, my 14 year old Libby and our 16 year old buddy Kylie.gorge at Arroyo SecoGorgeswimming hole, one of many

Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

How warm is it in early May? I've only been there in July?

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Go there in early May and you get to see the poison oak in full bloom.

–B.G.–

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Good question Casey. I'd think that if we have a sunny weekend, the hike will be hot, given the location and terrain, so the water should feel good, even if it is cooler than in July. How cold was the water in July? Cool or cold ( like Pine Falls, brrr).
    As far as Poison Oak, in full bloom does not make it any larger or more intrusive than later on. It may be all shiny now, but it will only grow larger from here on.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Casey, how do you get to the ying yang pools?

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Katharina, Me and Cameron were there this past weekend–Had a great time! EXCEPT poison oak was literally everywhere on the trail. The trails are very over grown with brush, fallen limbs and fallen trees..The creeks are flowing great….Have a good time…

PS: Watch out for ticks–I had a few on me.

-Jay

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Did you get in the water?

Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem

The water was refreshingly cool.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

We are able to swim in a nice pool on the Arroyo Seco creek towards the end of the hike—VERY NICE!!!!!
    It maid the drive to IN-N-Out Burger that much easier.

Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

The yin yang pool is about an hour up the river past the narrows. I really want to go back this year, but can't do it in May. How about a trip in July?

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Jay and Cameron, which way did you go?
    Casey, maybe again in July but I am either going there or somewhere this weekend. Thanks for info on the pools

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

My daughter and I went to Tassajara via the Horse Pasture trail. No ticks, plenty of poison oak, incredible wild flowers, nice waterfalls and swimming holes. Hope to post some pictures soon.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!