Topic

3 Days in Harriman

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports 3 Days in Harriman

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Companion forum thread to: 3 Days in Harriman

End of June and I was itching to hike a few miles and sleep outside. Took the kids with me to Harriman for 2 nights…

Thom
    BPL Member

@popcornman

Locale: N NY

Thanks

Thom

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Thankyou!

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

Thanks for posting another fun video – I was astounded by how much road noise you had while you scaled the mountain!  I guess that happens when you gain 2-3 feet in elevation for every foot you move away from the highway.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Thanks Kevin. That road noise, yeah the Palisades Parkway!  It’s literally right on the Parkway.. the small shoulder and then the straight climb up.

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

I thought about you this morning as we drove from Lancaster to Chappaqua – I looked up the Hudson to the left as we were crossing the Tappan Zee (okay – the MC).  You had said in the video that it was the Palisades and that made the road noise even more unreal…Trucks aren’t allowed on the Palisades!

Do you mind posting a small map of where this hike was?  I think I found it on the Harriman map (based on the view of the Bear Mountain Bridge), but I’m not sure.  Also – how much, if any, of your hike was on the AT?

Thanks again for posting – I love seeing you out with your kids.  My twins (girls) are entering their senior year of high school in the fall.  One of them is an avid hiker and backpacker and I’ve taken her on a number of trips.  The other prefers the spa…

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Kevin. It. Covers both maps of Harriman.  Hard time to snap shot the map and show tje trails, so I took 3 seperate snaps and highlighted the route with yellow. Hope that helps.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Thanks for posting!  I went back and watched the climb up from the Palisades again – Insane!  Maybe I should give you my unused GoPro so you can clip it to your sternum strap and have two hands for that kind of stuff…We’d hate to lose you for the sake of a backpacking video!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!