Topic

ULA Ohm and Torso length

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) ULA Ohm and Torso length

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kimberly Wersal
    BPL Member

@kwersal

Locale: Western Colorado

I'm thinking about ordering my husband a ULA Ohm for Christmas (I already own a 2009 Conduit). I am a little concerned about chosing the right side. I have measured his torso length twice and come up with between 19 1/2 and 20 inches- which would indicate he would use the small/med. size. This just doesn't sound right for a guy who is 6'2, though he is relatively long in the leg (34" inseam). Any other tallish guys out there with this kind of torso measurement? I do feel like I am measuring correctly, but would have expected a longer torso measurement…
    Thanks.

David Ure

@familyguy

I am 6'1" and have a 19.5" torso. The large was much too long with the shoulder attachment point at least 2" above my shoulders. The Medium fit great.

How tall you are is not an indication of torso size.

Kimberly Wersal
    BPL Member

@kwersal

No, I realize that– it just seemed odd that a 6'2 guy would wear a small/medium ANYTHING. But I'm glad to hear that at least one other guy of similar height has a similar torso length…

Jeremy G
    BPL Member

@gustafsj

Locale: Minnesota

How about this… I am 6'4", 180 lbs, 32×34 pants. I have to order talls in pretty much all my shirts or they won't stay tucked in. BUT, I have a 19.5-20" measurement for my pack size. I also have a ULA Ohm in the medium and it fits perfect. I have been measured more than once and shake my head that my pack measurement gives me that short of a torso length, but it is right on. For my previous pack (GG Mariposa Plus), I decided to ignore (or forget) my measurement and ordered a large and it was uncomfortable as it rest on my rear end instead of my hips.

Cheers!!

Jeremy

Kimberly Wersal
    BPL Member

@kwersal

Thanks! I really appreciate the confirmation that I am not crazy ordering the smaller size. I guess I better get that Ohm ordered!

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

You can always exchange it.

Kimberly Wersal
    BPL Member

@kwersal

True– and he probably won't be using it until early March…

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

My son is 6'3" and I am 5'11" and we both have size M torso's. The large Ohm was too big for both of us.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!