Topic

Sevylor Trail Boat

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Sevylor Trail Boat

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Howdee all,
    I've read a few fairly recent posts/reviews discussing the shortfalls of the Trail Boat as well as Erin McKittrick's review on them through AK Trekking.

I'm in the same situation as other posters- I'd like a packable boat for fishing mountain lakes but don't want to spend the $$$ on an Alpaca (at least until I'm sure it's a piece of gear that'll be used enough). I know durability is the primary issue with the trail boat- but concensus seems to be that they're fine for calm and/or deep water.
    So I was considering how one could make the outer tougher, perhaps with a cordura or dyneema boot.
    I noticed that Sevylor sells boots for their larger boats, like this (the boot is the camo cover on the boat):

http://www.sevylor.com/dyn_prod.php?p=STRU100&k=78930

It doesn't seem like one would be too hard to design and sew.
    Sevylor puts two drain holes in the bottom of their boot. A reviewer said they work horribly- catching too much water and acting as a drift chute…
    Any thoughts on a remedy for this and/or the viability of a homemade boot to toughen up a Trail Boat?

Think it's even worth the bother if it's primarily a lake boat anyway?
    Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!