Topic

2019 Lunar Solo or 2018 Trekker from Six Moon Designs?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion 2019 Lunar Solo or 2018 Trekker from Six Moon Designs?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SloJoBro
    BPL Member

@slojobro

What the title says. I’m stuck on choosing between the two. I wanted to grab the Durston tent, but I rather not wait well into prime backpacking season just to get the notification that it shipped. Anyone have experience with the LS or Trekker? Or any UL tent that won’t break the bank (looking at you Big Agnes).

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

I have the Lunar Duo, but hike with three friends who have, and love, the Lunar Solo.  One of the guys has a large number of other solo tents but he only takes the Lunar Solo with him now.  It takes a little practice to get it pitched right, but it’s a great tent and you’ll love how roomy it is.  They all do carry an extra line to attach to the guyout point above their head and either loop it over a trekking pole or tie it to a tree to increase the headroom.

I don’t think you can go wrong with the Lunar Solo.  They also don’t come up on Gear Swap very often which, to me, is an indication that people are holding on to them.

Mark Messonnier
    BPL Member

@qzm3

I have a Skyscape Trekker and am very happy with it.  It is nominally two ounces heavier than the Lunar Solo, but you get two doors and vestibules for that.

Curt Peterson
    BPL Member

@curtpeterson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I’m considering these as well. Anybody have a length comparison? The paper specs look plenty long, but reality is often different. That Trekker looks perfect in many ways, but doesn’t seem very popular in the UL crowd, which I don’t really understand. Under 2 pounds, bug proof, full rollback makes it super airy, and now made with silpoly. Good price, too. I think Lunar would have more condensation issues and I don’t like the centered pole because it’s more of a pain to get in and out. Easier pitch on the Trekker, too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!