Topic

Help Me Find the PERFECT Shoes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Help Me Find the PERFECT Shoes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Yeah, yeah, I know, no such thing…

I am going on an RTW trip — with lots of walking over sidewalks (good ones, broken ones, cobblestone ones, etc.), dirt roads, and trails too — for 220 days. Can you recommend something that meets these criteria:

1. Extremely comfy for hours of walking on end — day after day
    2. Long lasting (220 days!)
    3. Simple and good looking enough for theaters and nice restaurants — preferably dark brown color
    4. No maintenance (e.g. polishing)

Dana S
    BPL Member

@naman919

Locale: Richmond, Virginia

I would love for something to match that criteria but i think you might be SOL when trying to combine 2,3 and four.

The only thing i could think of (that i own) is my Vasque Sundowner MX2 GTX's that I've had for 3-4 years. They're durable and look nice, but alas they're prEtty heavy and not really UL.

They are very comfortable and really help my lower back problems. They look nice and have lasted years. The tread is still in fine shape as well as the leather. They've been through creeks, concerts and even a nice dinner with the 'rents.

But again, i'm not sure a heavy boot is the solution here. Just rambling on a lovely friday morning. :P

Is this possible in a trial runner/cross trainer? I'm interested in feedback too.

– Dana

Bill B
    BPL Member

@bill123

Some of the Five Ten shoes might work. Look at the Guide Tennie (its resoleable sp?) or the Camp Four.

Joseph Morrison
    Spectator

@sjdm4211

Locale: Smokies

Keen makes some shoes that might work for you. Take a look at the Richmond

http://www.keenfootwear.com/product_wall.aspx?l=shoes&g=Men&c=Blvd

Richard Lyon
    BPL Member

@richardglyon

Locale: Bridger Mountains

Ben, You're going to have to try out some boots, as the most important component of boot comfort is how the boots fit your feet. Lasts, designs, lacing, arch, and many other things make each brand (often different models within a brand) different, and everyone's feet are unique. Custom insoles can help, but you're going to have to try on different candidates. Oboz is the best brand I've found for my feet, but I have a narrow ankle and high arch. Get started doing your homework, my friend.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

nm

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

What shoe did Ben choose?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!