Topic

Lowe Alpine Elite Jacket with eVent?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Lowe Alpine Elite Jacket with eVent?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Glen Reed

@glenreed

Anyone have any feedback on the Lowe Alpine Elite Jacket (Men’s) made with eVent? My buddy is looking for general hiking use in California, needs optimum breathability. He does not use a helmet, but wants to use the hood.

Lowe signed a big deal with Gore-Tex and so they are dropping their eVent jackets. They are on sale at Sierra Trading post for $200:
    http://www.sierratradingpost.com/xq/asp/base_no.43065/dept_id./qx/product.htm

Richard Nelridge
    Spectator

@naturephoto1

Locale: Eastern Pennsylvania

The Lowe Alpine eVENT Elite jacket is a very nice Alpine Mountaineering jacket with all the bells and whistles. My large weighs 24.4 oz. My XL Integral Designs eVENT Rain jacket with the single left outer Napoleon type Chest pocket only weighs 10.3 oz. Both are 3 layer eVENT jackets. The Lowe Alpine eVENT Elite jacket has an asymetric front zipper that unzips from both the top and bottom. The Integral Designs eVENT Rain jacket only unzips from the top.

The Lowe Alpine eVENT Elte jacket has 2 outer weather resistant (weatherproof) type zippers with watershed fabric over the zippers. These 2 zippers act as core vents when left unzipped. Inside each pocket is a zippered compartment. Additionally there is a large inside vertical Napoleon type left chest storage pocket. The jacket also has articulated arms and a micro fiber chin guard.

Check the review of this jacket in Outdoors Magic with the following url listing: http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/news/article.aspSP=332779698573328327266&v=3&UAN=2341

A brimmed hat can help with the problems mentioned in the article regarding the jacket’s hood if a helmet is not worn.

When I purchased my Lowe Alpine eVENT Elite jacket from Sierra Trading Post last May they were clearing the jacket for $126 but they did not have nearly the number of sizes or colors that they are now offering.

If your friend also needs eVENT Technical Mountaineering pants the Lowe Alpine eVENT Evolution Pants are designed to go with the Elite Jacket. They are also available from Sierra Trading Post for $200. When I purchased mine last May they were on clearance for about $89.

They are again a very nice piece, but my mediums weigh 19.6 oz. They have full length side zippers, articulated knees, adjustable ankle cords, crampon abrasion patches, stretch panels, and suspenders.

Check the review for these pants in Outdoors Magic at the following url listing: http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/news/article.asp?SP=332779698573328327266&v=3&UAN=2342

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!