Topic

The Stickpic

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) The Stickpic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Paul Cronshaw

@beemancron

Locale: Southwest US

The Stickpic

Taking photos on my solo JMT trip this summer was easy thanks to an ingenious device called The Stickpic. (http://www.thestickpic.com).

Used with a pair of GG Lightrek poles and an Olympus Stylus 790 camera, I was able to take some nice photos when no one was around to take my portrait on some of the 10 passes.

The newly upgraded version weights 3/8 oz. Fitting on the tip of a trekking pole, it is very easy to set up and use.

Don’t leave home without one of these devices in your pack. It will help expand the many “Kodak Moments” you will encounter.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Coolest little toy one can carry ;-)

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

I too own one and love it. One of those….Wow I wish I thought of that or…..Now why did I not think of that!!

Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

I have ones as well and it is great, just does not fix on BPL stix too well. Alittle duct tape fixed that though.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Jonathan, which model of the Stickpic are you using with your Stix?

Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

I think they sent me model #1.

Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna

Ditto how cool this gizmo is. My youngest son has even discovered that it can be used to take photos around corners, or take videos underneath someone's skirt!!! watch out…………….

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

I recently acquired a (demo) StickPic. It took me a while to get the opportunity to use it, but when I finally did, I loved it.

My wife and I are always taking that arms-length picture, and the photo usually results in 2 large heads, off-center, with little scenery in the background.

Typical

Better!

We used this on a recent trip to NH, and it came in handy. We were able to get the pictures we wanted, without needing to have someone else to hold the camera.

My only gripe is the way that StickPic attaches to the pole. It is supposed to slip on over the tip of the pole. Most of the times, the tips are muddy and grimy. I hate to put those qualities anywhere near my camera.

I was thinking about taking off the tip, attaching the StickPic, and re-attaching the tip, so that the StickPic is on the pole, not the tip. This may be a good idea, but I thought about it more, and the StickPic may wiggle loose and slide up and down the pole while walking/not in use. At least that way I can't lose it!

Mt. Pemigewassett

Lonesome Lake

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

BTW, I'm using those Black Diamond Contour poles. I also have a set of LLBean Vario poles, but I have yet to try it with them.

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

Joe,

Is that Lonesome Lake near Franconia Notch?
    Great pictures!

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

You guessed it! We stayed at Lonesome Lake Hut the night before. I got my wife to hike up in the rain, and stay at the hut. It was socked in with fog until daybreak, which is when I took those pictures.

The other picture is from Mt. Pemi, overlooking Lincoln. That is another great hike!

Stephen Adams
    BPL Member

@stevemkedcom

Locale: Northwest

Iphone connect to Stickpichome made Iphone BracketBracket

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

I guess you'd need to use a photo app with a timer.

Fred Eoff
    BPL Member

@fredeoff

I am maybe a bit dense today…since the StickPic goes on the end of the pole opposite the handle how do you get the pole to stand up? Propped against something?

Fred Eoff
    BPL Member

@fredeoff

Never mind, I did figure it out. And indeed it is a dense kind of day…:)

Stephen Adams
    BPL Member

@stevemkedcom

I use Procamera for the timer but I think there is a bunch of them in the App store

Stephen Adams
    BPL Member

@stevemkedcom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMfE-OnXZzo
    I took this video with an Iphone on a Stickpic and my trekking pole

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!