Topic

My DIY carbon trekking pole

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear My DIY carbon trekking pole

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jason Hung
    BPL Member

@moma-moma

Locale: store.picharpak.com

Wanted to make it long ago, but i found out to cut the tube nicely are difficult with a hand sew ! So i come up an idea to make a pole cutter. diy CF pole tools Tools: 1. DIY pole cutter 2. hand drill 3. file 4. Pliers 5. masking tape 6. A+B epoxy Materials: 7. Foam grip 8. CF pole Outer dia 12.8mm inner dia 10mm 9. Pole tip 10. 1mm Dyneema line Spec: Lenght: 121cm Weight: 113 g DIY CF POLE will go to wind some tube to see a DIY winder tube is it better then a ready make CF tube. WInder winder The DIY winding tube winded tube

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

MYOG wrapped CF tubing? SCARY stuff! More photos needed! Cheers

Jason Hung
    BPL Member

@moma-moma

Locale: store.picharpak.com

I use 12k carbon for the winding. LHS one is gloss after winding which surface is not smooth. Middle and the RHS did a sand off the uneven surface from a machine, it become thinner and smoother. 3 diy cf pole

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

I don't know anything about CF, but it seems to me a much finer twill of CF would be required, and that the whole shebang should be vacuum set to squeeze the epoxy resin thoroughly into the fibers and to squeeze out excess resin. It'll be interesting to see how the test walk goes with these! :^O

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!