Topic

5 dollar digital postage scale (stamps.com)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 5 dollar digital postage scale (stamps.com)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dominic Camarda
    Spectator

@hobomoto

Locale: California

Needed a scale and found out stamps.com gives you a free scale when you sign up. First month is free so no charge there if you cancel in time. Scale is free when you sign up but costs 9.99 in shipping. You also get 5 dollars free shipping so if you use that the first month then cancel, the net cost for your digital scale is 5 bucks. Looks like a decent scale! Should work for my intended purposes. It only weighs up to 5 lbs so you can't weigh your whole pack at once (unless you are SUL!), but fine for itemizing. Should be getting it in a couple days. I'll review it when I get it. Thought i'd share.

Dominic Camarda
    Spectator

@hobomoto

Just found out the scale plugs into your computer via usb and will only work if you maintain your subscription to stamps.com. Looks like you can buy a driver to install on your computer off some guy on ebay to make it work without the subscription but thats just too much hassle…. Sorry guys, thought I had found a deal!

Pigeon
    BPL Member

@popeye

If you still need an inexpensive scale, check out American Weigh scales on Amazon

Dominic Camarda
    Spectator

@hobomoto

Thanks Duke! I'll check it out

David Mason
    BPL Member

@dimjim

I've had very good luck with this one: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozeri-Pro-Digital-Kitchen-Food-Scale-1g-to-12-lbs-Capacity-Black/37531702 You can find it from multiple vendors. It feels/looks a little cheap, but after comparing to a couple other small scales vs. what shows up on postal receipts, this one proved to be the most accurate. Down to 1g resolution, so pretty good for an all-around scale. Mine is well over 5 years old.

Anonymous

I have a stamps.com scale that I still use for weighing gear. I got it after a different Walmart model seemed to fail to recognize even brand new batteries. I have used two different programs to read the weight output and not have to use stamps.com software. These were found free and I didn't have to purchase anything from eBay. I prefer the first program, but the second worked ok too when I temporarily lost the first one while moving to a new hard drive. USB_PC Scale uploaded on someone's OneDrive Stamps.com USB Scale Reader via sourceforge

Dominic Camarda
    Spectator

@hobomoto

Just recieved the scale and am happy to report that you don't need a program at all. It comes with a usb cable to plug into your computer but if you simply plug it into a usb wall adapter it functions perfectly fine as a normal scale! Only good to the tenths place of ounces but that is good enough for me. Seems pretty accurrate using water to test. Reading for 50ml of water was 1.8oz. Actual weight should = 1.7857142857. Pretty simple scale. No tare button, you have to click the scale off and turn it back on. No biggie. Not bad for 5 dollars in net cost it seems!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!