Topic

Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka “Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim”- BPL Group Run

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka “Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim”- BPL Group Run

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 526 through 539 (of 539 total)
  • Author
    David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

The transition from "never again" to "well, something reasonable next time" to "I'll train better" to "maybe I could go further if I did." happens remarkably quickly.

Otherwise, our ancestors would never have gone on another bison hunt.

Or had a second child.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

^^ oh how so very true :)

on another subject, I had my blood drawn on Tuesday morning after my run (if you participate they lower your insurance a little)- anywho when I got the results back my Bilirubin and AST were elevated above the normal range (ALT was on the high end by in the norms), RBC was a little lower than the norms. got a little nervous about the results and then read a couple of studies that were done w/ marathon and ultra-runners. they took blood pre-run, immediately after the run, 24 hours after the run and then 9 days after the run- anyways it appears these elevated results are pretty typical (takes about week and a half for them to go back to normal)

I'll get another blood screening in a couple of weeks to test that theory :)

http://www.wjgnet.com/1007-9327/10/2711.pdf

brian blair

@donkey

Locale: Silverado Canyon

Late September/Early October……either is fine with me. My schedule is fairly flexible. You guys pick a date and I'll be there.

Craig….dig the medals idea!

As for camping…..I'll need to look at a map but there's lots of BLM land in the area. Or we could camp in at the main campground near the visitor center and shuttle vehicles to the start/finish trailheads.

Should we start a new thread for this??

BB

Adan Lopez
    Spectator

@lopez

Locale: San Gabriel Valley

There's alot of question marks for me regarding both fitness and scheduling but I hope I can make this one happen. A chance to try my first ultra again with my knee in better shape is exciting. Medallions, awesome idea.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Brian asks "Should we start a new thread for this??"

by all means do :)

Mike

Adam Matthews

@achadm

Eugene,

My Mom and I would like to thank you and the whole R2R2R crew that commemorated my Dad, George Matthews. This past July my brother and I placed some of our Dad's ashes in the Tuolumne River in Lyell Canyon in Yosemite…Yo was one of his favorite places.

I'm getting ready for a JMT thru hike this summer, so I'll be checking in to stay up to date on the latest UL gear and reviews.

Good to see the trip was a success and I know my Dad was looking out for you all. Thanks again and Happy Holidays to everyone and all your friends and family.

Take care

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I hope you'll join me in hoisting one in memory of George, who left us three years ago today.

Here's to ya George. We still miss your humor and good will.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

"We still miss your humor and good will." A heartfelt +1

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

I was thinking about him the other day. Still have the "thumbs up" button Eugene made for him.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

I still have the button too, great memories

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

I've got the button and memories of a spectacular hike.

An epic hike, like a life, ends with pain but the memories change over time to focus on the good times.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

GerorgeM

Anonymous
    Inactive

""We still miss your humor and good will." A heartfelt +1"

+ another 1.

Art …
    BPL Member

@asandh

I found myself thinking of George over the Thanksgiving weekend.
    may his trail runs always be full of joy.

To George !! …

Viewing 14 posts - 526 through 539 (of 539 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools