Topic

REI Dividend Coming

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) REI Dividend Coming

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

Mine is $70, but there is no way I spent 700 dollars last year. Weird…

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

I wonder if dividends are more than 10% this year. I didn't think I spent $500.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

I think they must be more than 10% as I did not spend nearly a grand (I hope)

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

A fortune of $5.94 awaits me. Descision time.

This is what happens when the closest REI is 3.5 hours away. And the fact they have very little of interest to me anymore.

Green Thumb

@greenthumb

I haven't found anything worth buying the last 4 times i've stopped in at REI. I did purchase some fuel today, but that was to use up a gift card.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Fuel canisters and tent stakes this next visit.

Andrew Zajac

@azajac

Locale: South West

I got around $210. It is going towards the ACR ResQLink

Art Tyszka
    BPL Member

@arttyszka

Locale: Minnesota

When is the big Spring sale, May?

I'm applying my dividend to a new kayak for my daughter but want to wait and see if they put any of the nice boats on sale then.

Greg F
    BPL Member

@gregf

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Might buy something on the 20% off sale. My dividend should cover the extra shipping charges.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Buy urban clothing for your significant other at REI for such occasions as birthdays, Christmas and Hallmark inspired holidays.

Then use the dividend to purchase stuff like Dr. Bronners, fuel canisters, white gas, denatured alcohol, DEET, AquaMira, batteries, Tikka headlamp at REI.

Your significant other is happy and your get "free" stuff that the significant doesn't know about.

I call this "WDK" money

– wife don't know.

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

Mine is also quite a bit more than I expected, as I really don't buy much there anymore. But…lets say I wanted to take that $106 and put it towards that shiny new stratospire I'm pretending to buy for my dad…

How do I do that?

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

From REI.com: From July 1 through December 31, you may bring your dividend notice to any REI store and request to receive cash for your remaining dividend. Stores have limited cash on hand; a request to redeem a dividend notice for cash may be handled as a check request at the store's discretion.

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Cool. I prolly could have looked that up ;)

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

What for, when we can do that for you? ….. :-)

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Send me a PM with your member number, dividend amount, and a current credit card. I'll take care of everything.

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Craig, PM coming…Ill also include my social security number, ATM PIN and bank routing numbers. I hope that makes it easier for you!!

Not-Travis…I'd so much rather set myself up for ridicule than to take a few moments to actually look it up myself. Way more fun this way.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

>Not-Travis…I'd so much rather set myself up for ridicule than to take a few moments to actually look it up myself. Way more fun this way.

Wait, what? I'm confused!

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Dividend? What Dividend?

You mean I'll have to dig through my trash to get that REI board voting flier?
    All these years since the '70s and I'm just NOW finding out about this dividend thing?

(Just kidding guys)

This year I got a grand total of $39. B/C I already have most of my expensive gear that I'd buy from REI. I have hundreds of pounds of lightweight gear.

For some (most?) of us our avatar should be a shot of our overstuffed gear closet snd us standing there with our GAA sponsor and our 12 Step book.
    "Hi, my name is Eric and I'm a GearAholic."

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Eric quipped, " I have hundreds of pounds of lightweight gear."

Doesn't that say it all!

Curry
    BPL Member

@veganaloha

Locale: USA

Right now, mine is only $10.83, which I thought was low, until I remembered that a lot of what I bought was on sale or even clearance. Still enough for some socks or other hiking chachkies! Can't wait for the 20% off coupon so I can buy a GU pack as well.

Wooohoooo!!!!

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

I picked up an rei flash 18 and a couple others things today. Getting my dividend was a pleasant surprise.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Andrew,

I found It better value to buy my a Q Link from an east coast outfit on sale as then did not have o pay any sales tax,.

Slaton Whatley

@alpinistooutdoors

Locale: Catalinas, Saguaro, Grand Canyon

I had the biggest REI dividend of my life this year. I think it's mostly due to the fact that I am in debt to US Bank and a REI Visa card but also because I worked for REI for almost 2 years up until December. Hard to resist when you look at the stuff every day.

My favorite score this year was the Soto Micro Regulator. I've been obsessed with MYOG alcohol stoves lately but have been wanting this little guy for short overnighters like I'm doing later this week in Grand Canyon. Psyched!

Other favorite score was a new sun shirt for hiking in the Canyon. It's light, has a huge extended collar you can pop up for sun protection and looks a little more stylish than my plain gray REI Sahara.

Last thing I want to mention are the ProBars. Ever since reading about them on Brian's Backpacking Blog I have been wanting to give them a shot. Will do this week!

Score!

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

"You mean I'll have to dig through my trash to get that REI board voting flier?
    All these years since the '70s and I'm just NOW finding out about this dividend thing?"

There's also a 20% off coupon in there you've been throwing away : )

Phillip Asby
    BPL Member

@pgasby

Locale: North Carolina

Mine is showing $10 or so – thought I bought more than that but now that I'm thinking it may have been the year before – most of the stuff I've gotten this year has been on clearance which as we know doesn't count…

If the discount is 10% via dividend versus 25% or more on clearance I still came out ahead but without the fun of having a nice dividend to apply to a bigger purchase.

Right now I don't really have any big purchases on the horizon – was going to use the dividend and 20% on a Snow Peak pot but just picked up a used ti mug/pot on gear swap … I'm sure there is something I need but admittedly can't think of it right now.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools