Topic

Yellowstone / Beartooths Trek

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Yellowstone / Beartooths Trek

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 51 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Wow Ryan you are a trooper!!! Even with cold wet feet it sounds like you enjoyed yourself. Thanks for the trip info. As someone once told me, “The worst day hiking is still better than your best day in the office”. I will take that any day.

James Augustine
    BPL Member

@chirodr

Locale: Southern California

Hi Ryan:

Long time no talk. How was / is the durability during heavy rain or hail? I’ve been on 2 trips in heavy rain / hail and what a scary ride!

Thanks so much,

Jim Augustine

Tony Burnett
    Spectator

@tlbj6142

Locale: OH--IO

Way, way back in the first post picture #23 you mention your stuff sack armada. I don’t see one listed that holds your quilt? Is that what is in the larger SS (I assume a Size M)?

I’m about to make a 3D quilt for winter hiking (~2.5″ loft) and I’m trying to figure out how small of a stuff sack to use without damaging the insulation. 500ci?

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

>> Way, way back in the first post picture #23 you mention your stuff sack armada. I don’t see one listed that holds your quilt? Is that what is in the larger SS (I assume a Size M)?

Yes, a M.

>> I’m about to make a 3D quilt for winter hiking (~2.5″ loft) and I’m trying to figure out how small of a stuff sack to use without damaging the insulation. 500ci?

500 ci is just barely OK. You’ll stuff it tight. I’d prefer something slightly larger.

Curtis Presson

@obdewla_x

Ryan,

How did you guys prepare your fish at mealtime… steamed or cooked in aluminum foil? Just curious.

Like many others have said before me, I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your trip and also enkoyed the pics.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

>> How did you guys prepare your fish at mealtime… steamed or cooked in aluminum foil? Just curious.

Curt, we poached (steamed them) in a half inch of water until the meat fell off the bones, ditched the bones, and then added some dry spice mixture (roasted garlic, onion, pepper) and a few drops of Dave’s Insanity sauce, mix well, and eat right out of the mug, roll up in a tortilla, or spread on a bagel (no bagels after day 1).

Curtis Presson

@obdewla_x

Were you guys concerned with disposal of your fish leftovers since you were in “bear” country?

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

RJ, I orderd a cocoon that will hopefully be ariving soon.

the color I am getting is “indigo”

I am wondering if the blue cocoon pictured on page 1 will be the color of my expected pullover?

Viewing 8 posts - 51 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools