Topic

Klymit motion 35 pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Klymit motion 35 pack

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kona
    BPL Member

@kcsupertramp

Locale: San Diego

Just noticed that massdrop has the klymit motion 35 for $79.99.Not a great deal as there website has it on sale for $59.99 in case anybody is interested.

Klymit End of Year Clearance – up to 60% off

Kimberly Wersal
    BPL Member

@kwersal

Locale: Western Colorado

I’m curious about this pack, myself.  Anyone using it?  Feedback?  Certainly a killer price….

Danny Milks
    BPL Member

@dannymilks

Locale: SF Bay Area

@kcsupertramp – Thanks for sharing about the Klymit Motion 35 on Massdrop. You mentioned the starting (highest drop) price but neglected to state that the lowest price point would be under $60. Also, I don’t see where Klymit has this pack on their own site for sale.

@kwersal
    – I’m happy to answer any questions you may have about this pack. What are your intended uses for this?

[disclaimer: I am the Ultralight Buyer for Massdrop]

Kimberly Wersal
    BPL Member

@kwersal

I’ve read the specs on the pack, and the size looks about right for my gear.  I’m just curious to know if anyone has been using this pack for a while and how it is holding up, what they like/dislike about it.  Is the airbeam suspension easily removed so that it could be used to augment a 3/4 length sleeping pad?  Thanks!

Mercedes Clemens
    BPL Member

@motorlegs

I had this pack — sold it because it was too big on me.

It holds a ton — cavernous. Airbeam is easy to pull out — it’s actually a bit too long for the pack (you have to fold the top down), so potentially useful if you’re using a 3/4 pad. Although you wouldn’t necessarily need to pull it out if you just empty the pack & lay it flat. Can’t speak to longevity of the pack but it seemed well constructed to me.

Kimberly Wersal
    BPL Member

@kwersal

Thanks, Mercedes, that is helpful.  Since I do have a 3/4 pad, it would be pretty handy to stick the whole pad under my legs for warmth/comfort.

Mercedes Clemens
    BPL Member

@motorlegs

Oh, and I don’t know if it helps, but I have a 17″ inch torso & found the S/M size to really be more of a medium (too big for me) which is why I sold mine. Klymit’s website says the S/M fits 16-20 inch torso.

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

John Abela has a rather extensive review of it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools