Topic

MYOG UL Chest Pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear MYOG UL Chest Pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Darren Graff
    Spectator

@packfan

Locale: Sierra Nevadas

PackPackPackPack
    This was actually a little complicated to make but I really enjoy using it. It's alway in the truck. I put water bottle holders on the front but they don't work to well with a full bottle. The water weight is to much so just put the bottle inside the pouch. Just sharing MYOG project. God Bless, Go Pack

Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

Locale: South Australia

This is cool. Just trying to get my head around the straps, so they go over your shoulder and that cross over sits between your shoulder blades on the back? So it doesn't directly attach to your pack, and when you take your pack off, this stays on? I like that idea a fair bit, saves putting extra pressure on a small point of your pack shoulder straps say on your clavicules. Is that a piece of synthetic insulation on the front of one? What is that for?

Did you get your idea from say the old Rhodesian chest rigs?

Like this:

http://www.varusteleka.com/pictures/13922a.jpg

Cheers

Darren Graff
    Spectator

@packfan

Ya Adam that's exactly right this pack stays on when your pack is removed. They sell this pack online. This is just my UL version of it. When I'm fishing I put flys or lures on the the little synthetic patch. These little packs are great.

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

I give you an A for construction quality and appearance!

Question for you: Does it create a heck of a clammy/sticky feeling on your chest? I tried the old, more basic Golite version years ago and just couldn't stand that effect.

Nice job on your pack.

Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

Locale: South Australia

Link? I'm kinda interested in taking a look if its cheap and doing my own.

Cheers

Darren Graff
    Spectator

@packfan

My version seems to be a little better. I does breath some. I used 3D spacer mesh where the pack contacts your body. Also helps a little with some padding. It needs some air channels on the back I'll probably make another version.

Darren Graff
    Spectator

@packfan

Adam just google RIBZ FRONT PACK these thing are all over the Internet
    The website is ribzwear.eu/ For a discount enter promo code ( lazerblades ) at checkout
    I think they are a little pricey. If your going to try making one and you don't want to purchase one first. I can email you pictures of the build.
    Just like every thing else there made in China. They are great quality though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools