Topic

New Packraft by Advanced Elements

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Packrafting New Packraft by Advanced Elements

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sean neves
    Spectator

@seanneves

Locale: City of Salt

From the Summer Outdoor Retailers show. I had the opportunity to take a look and get some quick impressions. Felt very sturdy. Polyurethane coated polyester fabric felt very strong. Kept a good shape. The floor seemed like it would take a small lifetime to inflate and deflate. No self-bailing or deck, so flat-water and easy rivers only. Way more impressive on a first-look that the Klymit thing, which has failed to impress since I saw the first one last year:

http://airkayaks.wordpress.com/2013/08/03/sneak-preview-new-4-lb-packlite-inflatable-kayak-from-advanced-elements/

Sub $300 MSRP, so street pricing in the mid-twos and sub 4 lbs. Not too shabby. Glad to see some more competition in this market.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Cool. It should track a little better than shorter boats? I wouldn't expect much better though.

Ryan Bressler
    BPL Member

@ryanbressler

Do you think it could carry a bike?

sean neves
    Spectator

@seanneves

Locale: City of Salt

Looked like it was sturdy enough. 250lb listed capacity. Those numbers are usually useless. Side chambers look smallish, but with care, it seemed like it could take a payload.

One thing I liked is that it has three chambers (good for emergencies). Outer ring, inner ring and floor, just like some of the cheaper dinghies.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools