Topic

Sage Clegg, 33, of Bend aims to be first hiker to finish Oregon Desert Trail

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Sage Clegg, 33, of Bend aims to be first hiker to finish Oregon Desert Trail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest
    Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Bryce
    BPL Member

@antigroundhogday

Locale: Stamford, CT

3.5 oz shelter….hrmmm.

Steve S

@idahosteve

Locale: Idaho

Interesting? Hell, I live in this desert, have written a guidebook on it, and this gal is flat out incredible! This terrain is without a doubt some of the most inhospitable, brutal, tough, difficult, waterless, and downright BAD A$$ in the entire globe.
    I am blown away that someone even thought it was feasible to even link up these sections. I've traveled extensivley thru the eastern Oregon, and Southern Idaho deserts, and canyons, and wow, its hard to make a few miles a day, let alone put together 800 miles before the weather gets hot. In the Owyhee Canyonlands alone, its easier to float down the canyon than to try and walk. This is pretty out there hiking. Will be cool to see how this trip goes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools