Topic

MLD Quilt Owners..

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) MLD Quilt Owners..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jake.
    BPL Member

@jake-l

Locale: Katahdin

What do you think of the "tapered" neck feature? I understand this is to reduce bunching when the drawcord is pulled tight but does if affect its usability as a blanket in warmer weather very much? Have you ever experienced much bunching from other quilts without this feature? Thanks!

Michael Cheifetz
    BPL Member

@mike_hefetz

Locale: Israel

Not sure what you are referring to…
    Indeed there is a slight taper from shoulder to neck….but its just that – slight. Can see why it would bother you for use as a blanket in warm weather
    Mike

jake.
    BPL Member

@jake-l

Michael do you own a spirit quilt? I would like to know if you think the tapered neck makes a very big difference with bunching when cinched up? Does anyone have experience with other synthetic quilts without the neck taper bunching much?

German Tourist
    BPL Member

@germantourist

Locale: in my tent

I have an Enlightened Prodigy 20 F quilt, that means a very thick synthetic quilt. Still the bunching when cinched up never bothered me in the least. I actually wonder why you think it would cause a problem.

joe newton
    BPL Member

@holdfast

Locale: Bergen, Norway

No, never had an issue with the taper or bunching on my MLD Spirit 30 quilt. It works perfectly when flattened out or cinched up tight.

jake.
    BPL Member

@jake-l

German Tourist, I dont think the neck taper would be problematic, just curious if it's noticable when used as a blanket.

Roger B
    BPL Member

@rogerb

Locale: Denmark

I have not experienced any bunching on my Spirit 30. Whether cinched up or laid out flat

GD
    BPL Member

@nsiderbam

I love my Spirit 28. The neck taper hasn't caused any problems and I love how the button/cinch cord closure system at the top works — it wraps and holds the quilt around my shoulders and still allows me to roll around or switch sides without it falling off.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools