Topic

Pasayten Ski Traverse, April 2012 – Seeking Partner(s)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Pasayten Ski Traverse, April 2012 – Seeking Partner(s)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ben W

@bpwood

Locale: NW Center for Volcano-Aided Flight

I am seeking a partner or two for a multi-day low-angle ski tour in mid-to-late April following one of a number of possible loops or through routes in the Pasayten Wilderness. My current favorite idea is to follow a high country corridor roughly along the Boundary Trail from east to west, perhaps continuing as far west as the Pasayten River and exiting south via the Middle Fork Pasayten and Robinson Creek valleys. (Rough guess: 100+ miles)

For inspiration, consider the Pasayten ski tours documented by Chester Marler: Parts One and Two (1940s), Part Three (late 1990s).

I'm no hot-shot skier, no downhill experience, hence the gentler grades of the Pasayten. I usually travel solo on longer walking trips, but I'm looking for a partner for this trip. PM or post if interested.

Ben W

@bpwood

Locale: NW Center for Volcano-Aided Flight

Anybody potentially interested for late April/early May? Should be an awesome, remote trip.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools