Topic

Neoair All-Season

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Neoair All-Season

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sumi Wada
    Spectator

@detroittigerfan

Locale: Ann Arbor

So, I went to the local gear shop to *look* at a Neoair All-Season. The salesperson made it very clear that she detests Neoairs and went on to demonstrate how impossible it is to inflate with the stuff-sack-inflator system that it comes with. 6 or 7 "rolls" and you could barely see any difference. Have anyone used the stuff sack to inflate it? How long did it take?

I guess I was under the impression that since there's no insulation in the all-season to absorb moisture, it would be ok to inflate it with lung power. Guess I was wrong?

Semi-inflated, it was incredibly "crunchy". Not sure how I would feel sleeping on it (sound-wise.) Any feedback from actual users?

diego dean
    BPL Member

@cfionthefly

I got one a couple weeks ago for my JRB Bridge hammock. Together they are a sleepers dream. However,

Yes the stuff sack inflation system is very bad. Don't know how long it took me to get that thing full but I was cursing it. Did it once and never again. What I did was use my pillow pump from exped. I take the pillow with me anyway and it filled that sucker in no time. Just go to your local hardware store and buy some plastic tubing. I used some I had laying around for my fish tanks. Boil some water, stick the tubing ends in for a while and spread the openings with something until it matches the fittings on the exped pillow pump and all season pad.

Regarding noise, yes at first it sounded like you were in a Christmas present filled with all that tissue wrap. Its gone down some with use and in my hammock I dont even really hearit at all, but definitely still there when using on the ground. Ive also got the xped ul 7 and much prefer the all season. Probably sell that one sometime soon.

Will Webster

@willweb

My wife and I got each other a Neoair all-season and a yellow "classic" for Christmas. We had them out in Shenandoah for three nights over New Years. Yeah, they're a PITA to inflate. I tried with the stuff sack in the privacy of my living room and decided it's just something to keep you busy while catching your breath from trying to inflate it by lung power. Thermarest's instruction sheet tells you to blow by mouth so that's what we did in the field. In the tent we didn't notice any bothersome crunchy noises. We did put a 1/8" thinlite over the classic to supplement its R rating. These are our first air mattresses (used self-inflating thermarests in our heavier days, and Z-lites since we went light) and other than the inflation we like them for colder weather.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools