Topic

Where’s the Ozone?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Where’s the Ozone?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tony Burnett
    Spectator

@tlbj6142

Locale: OH--IO

While I know you can’t review every item, it seems like you left the very popular Granite Gear Nimbus Ozone off your list of big volume packs. Its commonly used by thru-hikers too scared to go with something smaller (like the Vapor Trail), has a fully adjustable torso length, replaceable hipbelts/shoulder straps, good compression for small loads, internal framesheet, etc. All for 3#.

I use mine as my “Dad the packmule” pack when I hike with my kids. On a recent (2 weeks ago) 3-day trip to the Smokies with my two young (7.5yo, 4.5yo) daughters, I was able to get gear for 3 people (camp clothes for 3, 3 bags, food, 3 pads, etc.) *inside* the pack. And my sub-2# home-made 3-person tarptent-like shelter on the outside.

The girls had small book bags that held their comfort items, rain jacket, and hat/gloves. At one point, I even had one of the girl’s packs lashed to the outside of my Ozone.

IMO, its a top competitor in the lightweight, but “big load” category.

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Try this link==> Nimbus Ozone review

Here’s the Review Summary so that you can see how it compared to the others that were reviewed (last year???). Internal Frame Pack Review Summary

Hope this info helps.

Tony Burnett
    Spectator

@tlbj6142

Locale: OH--IO

I was aware of the old review, but the this year’s review focuses on “light and large”, but yet doesn’t mention other packs in this space that have already been reviewed.

Maybe an overview article that mentions the definition of “light and large” and/or a reference to previously reviewed packs that may fall into the same category? It looks like most all of the packs reviewed last year fall into the “light and large” category.

If the new reviews were called “Internal Frame Pack Reviews, Part 2”, there wouldn’t be an issue.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools