Topic

Ridge line Tie-out with Pole Tip Grommet

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Ridge line Tie-out with Pole Tip Grommet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Does anybody know which is better the Pole Tip Grommet or the simple trekking pole with Duct-Tape taped on at the perfect height? The pole tip grommet is very secure but the trekking pole is directly in the way/entrance and the trekking pole with duct tape on it allows you to open up the entrance by a few feet are so. Almost all MLD,GG tarps come with pole grommet at the ridgeline. My BPL Nano Tarp does not have a pole tip grommet–is it that important–what to do? Weight savings or convenience?

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Locale: Bristol,RI

My TT Contrail has a grommet and thick fabric behind it to protect the silnylon. It is pretty easy to angle the pole sideways to make the entrance bigger, then move it back to the middle after you get in. Maybe on a tarp it's different but I like it and i doubt the pieces add that much weight (unless you're going SUL and getting nitpicky)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools