Topic

Down sweater pattern or guide

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Down sweater pattern or guide

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    will samsky

@wsamsky

Locale: Sunny Arizona

Anyone know of a down sweater pattern or guide? I want to try and make one out of recycled down from a old jacket.

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

Haha Will, I see you're enjoying our wonderfully warm winter as well this year. I'm in the same boat and haven't been able to find one online beyond buying a kit from thru-hiker or something.

will samsky

@wsamsky

Locale: Sunny Arizona

Im living in williams for a few months and it is getting pretty chilly up here.

Jeremy Osburn

@earn_my_turns

Locale: New England

I bought the thruhiker pattern, and am adding a hood, deleting the pockets, and cutting the zipper back to a half zip. With the pattern, and directions they gave it seems like I should be able to alter the design to get what I want. Their directions are very good and easy to follow, so adding or removing my changes seems to be working.

I got the hood pattern off of an older MYOG post. Very simple to make, if you want the pattern and can't find which post it was in pm me and I will email the pdf.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools