Topic

35 degree 4-day list

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists 35 degree 4-day list

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chris markley

@motorapido

I'm doing a 4-day solo hike of Pennsylvania's Black Forest Trail (super steep, craggy, tough!). Please critique my list. I am proud of my super light sleeping system. Cheers for me.
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/backpackinglight/forums/gear_lists/e3c4a8b3d971075d5cece7547957df5c.pdf

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

good list :)- few comments

seems like a lot of batteries for a 4 day trip

does your mug not have handles? I use my mugs (450 or 600 depending) for cooking and simply use the handles- never needed a pot lifter

probably could get by w/ one hat- the balaclava's usually provide more bang for the weight

don't see gloves on your list, nor extra socks- these are must haves IMO

do you still need bug dope this time of year? (we may be lucky, but ours are long gone :))

Andy F
    Spectator

@andyf

Locale: Midwest/Midatlantic

You might be cold with only that blue CCF down to 20F.

Wearing rain pants the entire time seems like it would be too sweaty.

You might need a more substantial shirt/sweater and a windshirt while hiking.

chris markley

@motorapido

Second week of September in PA on 3 day hike on the West Rim Trail of the Grand Canyon of PA I was stupid and wore cotton cargo shorts and they got soaked in rain first day and never dried out and I wore my rain pants the rest of the trip. I realized I was fine without the shorts and the rain pants were fine. Funny. Nights about 45. Days about 58 to 60. I was surprisingly comfortable. So I figured why wear anything else on my legs if I am carrying the rain pants anyway? We'll see how the hammock camping goes with the bag and pad combo. I'm goingn to experiment with the bag around the hammock, with the hammock pulled through the zip-up foot box. Might be warmer since I won't squish the loft on the bottom of the bag that way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools