Topic

Hydropel tips

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Hydropel tips

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Vadim Fedorovsky

@socrates

To all the hydropel users:
    I have never used this product but i just got some.

Would one put this on their feet before going out for a long, hard day? or rather right when they started feeling the soreness of feet problems coming on during the hike?

Basically my question is: prevention or just treatment?

Thanks UL gals and dudes!

James Dubendorf
    Spectator

@dubendorf

Locale: CO, UT, MA, ME, NH, VT

"Basically my question is: prevention or just treatment?"

Both! Put it on your feet (I really focus on and between my toes) first thing before breakfast, or even the night before. No reason you can't also touch up spots during the day. You can also apply it on top of duct tape, or along the edges of leukotape to prevent any adhesive catching onto your socks. One way to experiment is to apply it on one foot, but not the other. I tend to only use it when I anticipate a lot of cold and wet, or when I know I will be pushing myself beyond my normal limits. Otherwise, I would rather just find a foot system that works for me without the expensive goop.

James

John Whynot

@jdw01776

Locale: Southeast Texas

I only use it when I am expecting my feet to be wet and cold. I apply before they get wet. It's much easier to apply when warmed up a bit…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools