Topic

Kahtoola Flight Boot 70% off

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Kahtoola Flight Boot 70% off

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Doug L
    BPL Member

@mothermenke

Locale: Upstate NY

Pretty good deal on neoprene overboots with integral crampons. Code BF283 gets you an additional $5 off orders over $25.

http://www.bargainoutfitters.com/net/cb/kahtoola-flightboot-cleated-overboots-black.aspx?a=413534&pn=1

Tim Haynes

@timalan

Locale: Mid Atlantic

Has anyone here used these? How well do they work?

Spruce Goose

@sprucegoose

Locale: New England

>>Has anyone here used these? How well do they work?<<

I've used these quite a bit. Mostly in conjunction with the FlightDeck snowshoes, but also on their own, to a lesser extent.

They're very waterproof, and pretty dam warm. Traction is great. Better than Microspikes on packed snow…maybe not quite as good on water ice, but pretty close.

I didn't think I'd like these things, but it ends up that I've really been impressed. They are a little heavy compared to other winter setups that I use, and they can't be used with 10/12 point crampons, but otherwise, all good.

In my experience, you need to use them with low-cut shoes. High-tops tend to rub on my achilles area.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools