Topic

Anybody here travel wih multiple Li-Ion powered gadgets?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Anybody here travel wih multiple Li-Ion powered gadgets?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nick Horley

@nickonabike

This is a long shot, but I'm interested in using AA cells for things that normally use Li-Ion batteries. As you can see I'm a cyclist, not a hiker, so the considerations are very different. (I want to go touring with my MP3 player, headphone amp, UMPC and camera. And my bike light uses Li-Ion too.)

Keith Selbo
    Spectator

@herman666

Locale: Northern Virginia

I hike with several li rechargeables. I recharge them from AA's that run a USB charger.

If your gadgets charge from USB you can do it too. Follow this link.

http://www.ladyada.net/make/mintyboost/

In my case, I use a light weight flexible solar panel on my back pack that recharges NIMH AA's that I then use in the USB charger to charge my phone, MP3 player and Camera.

Nick Horley

@nickonabike

Thanks Keith, that's a handy setup. But if I'm going to carry AAs I'd prefer to eliminate the Li-On batteries altogether. And only one of my toes is rechargeable via USB.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools