Topic

PCT 2009 Base Camp please?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips PCT 2009 Base Camp please?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael Walker

@mwalker

Locale: Everywhere. All of the time.

Coming from NZ to walk the PCT sometime early May. What I need is somewhere to leave some things I won't need for hiking, someone to post me a few things along the way (second and third guide book, etc), and a US address to possibly get a few things posted to, save getting them posted here only to carry them with me on the plane. Someone living in So Cal would be easiest I guess.

This would be a massive help and forever appreciated.
    I can be found here or at michaelstwalker at hotmail dot com.

Thanks.

Scott S

@sschloss1

Locale: New England

I can't help you (I leave for my PCT thru in 2 weeks), but if you don't find someone here, you might try mailing the pct-l list (see here)–lots of helpful people out there.

Zack Karas
    BPL Member

@iwillchopyouhotmail-com

Locale: Lake Tahoe

if you are unable to find anyone, you can always put those items in a bounce box. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

Michael Walker

@mwalker

Yeah, I will be using a bounce box. I would just rather not have everything in it, all the time.

Anitra Kass

@anitraten

Locale: SoCal

Michael,
    I will be living at a base camp in Colorado 3 miles from the nearest dirt road so I can't help you out but if you check out the ADZPCTKO ride board, there are some people who offer to put hikers up and then give them a ride to the border to start their hikes. I bet you could contact them, arrange transport and they would probably let you have a few things sent to them.

Hope that helps. Happy Trails,
    NITRO

Michael Walker

@mwalker

Ahh, I was sure something like this existed, I just could not find it.
    Thanks muchly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools