Topic

Interesting Article on Hypothermia

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web Interesting Article on Hypothermia

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    scri bbles
    BPL Member

@scribbles

Locale: Atlanta, GA

As Freezing Persons Recollect the Snow–First Chill–Then Stupor–Then the Letting Go

The cold hard facts of freezing to death
    By Peter Stark

http://outside.away.com/outside/magazine/0197/9701fefreez.html

Matt Lutz

@citystuckhiker

Locale: Midwest

As always, 'tis a scary phenomenon. I always tell my scouts at camp that the worst part of hypothermia is the loss of motor control and the loss of mental function. Good post.

Robert Bryant

@kg4fam

Locale: Upstate

I had stage 2 hypothermia combined with severe dehydration several years back from a bad stomach bug. I lost 25 pounds of water weight and my temp was 93 degrees. It took me about 2 weeks to fully recover after the bug was gone. This illness had nothing to do with backpacking, but after that I don't play games with keeping warm and hydrated. I don't care if I have to carry a couple of extra pounds in my backpack, it ain't worth it to be on the stupid side of lightweight.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools