Topic

Chlorine Dioxide Multiuse

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Chlorine Dioxide Multiuse

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

I'm learning more about the multi use qualities of Chlorine Dioxide in the form of Klearwater or Aqua Mira liquids, and would like to poll BPLers about your uses for this item. For example, I've found (from the Klearwater website and included instructions) that it can:

1. Be used as an oral rinse. But don't know in which proportions/dilution or techniques. Also, can it replace my Dr. B's soap for toothpaste? Are there any side effects from prolonged use as toothpaste/toothcleaner? If it can replace the Dr B, then that is one less item in my pack, and I like that. I don't use the soap for much else.

2. Be used as a hand sanitizer, claimed more effective than alcohol based ones. Use is 1 or 2 drops straight or mixed with some water. But do you need to rinse your hands after?

3. Be used as a wound irrigation/wash. Use is 1ml in 1L of water.

4. Be used topically as a wound anti-infection treatment. Use is 1 or 2 drops straight after suturing or packing wound.

5. Be used to treat water for drinking.

Others?

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

I queried the Klearwater manufacturer for some tips and received this response:

For breath and oral care KlearWater is used 1 ml in 20 ml. swish and gargle for 30 seconds. The results are quite amazing. We have had studies performed with very positive results for both cariogenic microorganisms and oral malador.

For Hand sanitizing, use full strength. A few drops in the palm and then wipe hands as if washing, let dry or towel.

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

.*.*.Bump

Michael Mangold

@mkmangold

Thanks J: I appreciate your research and posts. I love multi-uses for the things I bring and have often wondered about this myself.

Art Sandt

@artsandt

so have you tried using Klearwater as a mouthwash? good, bad?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools