Topic

ZPacks Hexamid Twin Discontinued?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) ZPacks Hexamid Twin Discontinued?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nick Otis
    BPL Member

@notis

Locale: CA

http://www.zpacks.com/shelter/hexamidtwin.shtml

Did I miss something? Doing something wrong? Can anybody confirm this?

jimmy b
    BPL Member

@jimmyb

I noticed that last night while on their web sight.

I assume the popularity of the duplex has them concentrating their efforts there. Its probably a smart move tightening the offerings a bit and not spreading things too thin on the production line. Having a 6-8 week waiting list on shelters is IMO walking a thin line between having items in high demand and loosing sales to those who are not willing to wait that long. I would think once you have a customer who decides to pull the trigger on a fairly expensive item as a cuben shelter you want to capture that sale immediately.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

There’s a Spruce Green Hexamid Twin Tent in the Bargain Bin if you’re interested. Immediate shipment and $100 off.

Nick Otis
    BPL Member

@notis

Locale: CA

Good points Jimmy. And thanks Doug! I noticed that last night too–I think that’s what brought me to the realization. I would if I could I think. One feature I like (or liked!) how the floor makes things slightly modular if you want to save a couple oz with a polycro.

Paul M. also PMd me and told me to check out John Abela’s FB page, which has a couple people talking about the news.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools