Topic

WTB one or two person tent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Swap WTB one or two person tent

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mark Ries
    BPL Member

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I’m trying to help out a newbie in a hiking club I belong to and keep them from buying a six pounder she’s a small gal and her pack weight is already well over most peoples on here She has always shared a tent and gear so she has never experienced a heavy pack yet. I’ve seen some Hubbas and luner solos going on here pretty reasonable she’s hoping for $125- $150 range she would be ok with a trekking pole tent but I can tell she’s rather have free standing let me know what you got and what you want for it Thanks

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

Hi- I’m going to be selling a Mountain Hardware Ghost UL2, free standing, very roomy for one, doable for two, storm worthy and still under 2.5 lbs all in

https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/reviews/camping-and-hiking/backpacking-tent/mountain-hardwear-ghost-ul-2

It’s (was) a $450 tent, so wanting a little more than $150- would probably go $200 though

Mike

Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

I have a new NATUREHIKE VIK 1. Set it up in the yard to make sure its waterproof.

Minimum weight about 34 oz. Light gray. $100 shipped

Yun Swanson
    BPL Member

@yunwang0826yahoo-com-2

I have a zpack hexamid with bathtub/groundsheet, used for 2 nights. It is a trecking pole tent. If she can use it, I can take whatever she can afford.

https://zpacks.com/products/hexamid-solo-tent

Mark Ries
    BPL Member

@mtmnmark

Update very nice offers but it looks like she prefers a freestanding dome  type over light weight. She saw an xmid one this week end and liked it but as new as they are I’m doubting I’ll find one for her max price of $150. She is not as concerned about  pack  weight as I am. She’s considering a North Face Storm breaker 1 which seem to be all over for $128 like 3.5 lbs but we will put that on hold for a while. You know I see a lot of tents on sale here because their wife does not like it, I get that

Darren
    BPL Member

@darrenc

I have a Coleman Max Ultralight 2 person tent, 5lb 6oz tent in near new condition.  It can be found here https://www.rei.com/rei-garage/product/879265/coleman-tent-max-backpacking-tent

$36 bucks and she can have it!

Darren

Mark Ries
    BPL Member

@mtmnmark

Thanks Darren well under our price range but hoping for less weight.

Erik Hagen
    BPL Member

@ewh100

Locale: SF Bay Area

Hi Mark, I have a BA Fly Creek Platinum 1.  Not completely free-standing but holds basic structure.  It’s a few years old be never really used so it’s in near-new condition.  All in weight is 36.5 oz which includes 11 stakes (4.75 oz), and a BA tent footprint (3.75 oz) .  Asking $120.

Mark Ries
    BPL Member

@mtmnmark

Thank you everyone for the generous offers sounds like Eli bought Eriks fly creek.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Gear Swap’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!